Tuesday 15 January 2013

What? 2013?

Well look at that. It's two weeks into 2013. When did that happen? Certainly not at a time that I was taking notes. This year has really snuck up on me, and let me tell you, I am about as prepared for 2013 as I was for that Population Genetics test in 3rd year (the one where I achieved an outstanding result of 8%).


Last year, like any self-respecting A type personality with two X chromosomes and a degree in dietetics, I had a list of goals that was going to transform me into a superhero by the end of 2012. Oh, the plans I had! Marathons and scrapbooks and redecorated bedrooms! The ambition! The folly! Then, before I could say, "Where's the decoupage?", life happened. Loved ones in ICU, burglaries, divorces, moving houses, losing friends, moving cities. It all happened. Needless to say, my goals flew out the window as I used all my energy to simply not have a nervous breakdown.

[Image source: good-wallpapers.com]
This year, I am going to be a little more cautious. I don't need any more pressure. For 2013, I have one simple plan: To look after myself. Going for a run, getting enough sleep, allowing myself time in nature - aren't these the first things to fall by the wayside when things get tough? This year, there are no goals, no kilograms, no milestones I am aiming for. All I want is that, no matter what happens, I will put myself first.

[Image source: okwalls.com]
As for what we can expect from An Unlikely Dietitian? There's going to be loads of fun as I move to Cape Town and explore the thousands of restaurants, food trucks and cocktail bars unusual ingredients that the Mother City has to offer. At the same time, we'll probably be focussing on cheap and convenient meals (sigh) as I turn into a student again for my Masters at UCT. And, as always, we're going to be constantly chatting about balancing health, happiness and self-love to achieve maximum joy and peace in our lives.

One last little inspiration for 2013 (about two weeks too late):


What are your new years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate the time taken to comment on my blog! All your input helps me to make posts that are better for you, my dear reader, so thank you. I appreciate constructive criticism but I will remove any negative or hateful comments. This is a place of love and happiness!

About Me

My photo
South Africa
Thanks for stopping by! My name is Amanda and I am an (unlikely) registered dietitian. Join me as I figure out how to fix my own dysfunctional relationship with food and fully embrace health, happiness and self-love.

Disclaimer

All content in my blog, other than personal experiences and opinions, is based on scientific research. For exact sources and references, please make a request in the comments section and I shall provide them as soon as I am able.

I try to credit all images that are not my own. If I have credited an image incorrectly, please inform me so that I can correct this as soon as possible.

Condition of agreement

Sharing of content and images from this site is permissible, however I do request that I am credited and that a link is made to the original post. Failure to do this is an infringement of copyright.